It amazes me that so many models do not do this already,
what amazes me more is that photographers don’t correct them.
(1) ..Every joint should be broke. This is not a diehard must, but a great rule of thumb to follow.
Elbow, wrist, knees, neck, waist – nothing should be straight – a small break in the joints will look SOOOO much better.
(2) ..You hardly ever shoot straight on at the camera. Again, always exceptions, but 90% of the time you want your body slightly angled to the camera.
(3) ..DO NOT Hyper-extend!!! I really can’t recall one good photo where the model had her arms hyper-extended and locked. It just ain’t pretty…
(4) ..Please, oh please, do NOT raise your shoulders! Put a chair in front of a mirror, turn sideways and lean on the chair with one arm. If you see your eyes, your nose, and then your shoulder – trust me, it looks HORRIBLE! Keep your shoulders down. No one wants to see your head sunk down between to lumps. I don’t care how sexy you think your shoulders are – it isn’t a good pose.
(5) ..Pointed toes makes legs look longer. Don’t curl your toes around a rock – you are not a squirrel or a monkey, don’t cling. Always try and point your feet if you are not standing on them. And yes – there are more